- Drafting, filing, and prosecuting US and PCT patent Applications
- Assisting inventors in preparing invention disclosures. (Prior art searches, assessing inventions against known art, providing advice on potential areas of concern in prosecuting the application through the US Patent Office.)
- Supporting investors, attorneys, and litigators in evaluating existing intellectual property, such as freedom to use searches, patentability searches, and other support work.
- Small molecule & polymer chemistry
- Synthetic methods
- Pharmaceutical preparations and formulations
- Films and coatings of various types and complexities
- Chemical manufacturing processes
- Specialty polymer blends and composites (automobile, aviation, medical, and electronics)         *This list is not exhaustive
Specializing in the following technology areas:
As an independent patent agent, I work primarily with large corporate research laboratories. Current clients include IBM, ranked as the largest US filer, a southeast Asian biotechnology research center, and a large Japanese glass company. I also perform support work for law firms.
Previous clients include Sabic, GE, and Rogers while working for an Atlanta law firm. I also assisted British, German, Chinese, and Japanese foreign associates to successfully prosecute international applications.
If you represent a large chemical manufacturer, corporate research laboratory, university, independent research institute, or start-up manufacturer in the chemical arts, please contact me for your US patent drafting and/or US patent prosecution needs.